Commonwealth Care Alliance

Senior Care Options Program (HMO SNP)

Members » Rights & Responsibilities » Appointing a Representative

Appointing a Representative

If you need someone to file a grievance, coverage determination, or appeal on your behalf, you can name a relative, friend, advocate, doctor, or anyone else as your appointed representative. If you want someone to act for you, then you and that person must sign and date a statement that gives the person legal permission to act as your appointed representative.

If you are requesting a coverage determination through an appointed representative, you should download form CMS-1696 (pdf)*, complete it, and mail it to:

Commonwealth Care Alliance
Member Services
30 Winter Street
Boston, MA 02108

Fax: (617) 426-1311

If you have any questions about naming your appointed representative, you can call us at 1‑866‑610‑2273 (TTY 711). 


To view the PDF files above, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe® Acrobat Reader software on your computer. (This link takes you away from the Commonwealth Care Alliance website pages.) Click here for more information about Adobe Acrobat.

*When you click this link, you will leave Commonwealth Care Alliance’s website.

Last Updated 07/29/2013